Saturday 1 December 2012

WHERE THERE IS LIFE, THERE IS GROWTH



Now it is a waiting game. After all of the hard work, of clearing out the mess that was our backyard, building the garden beds, and shoveling the dirt, the planting of the seeds and seedlings seems very calm. In only one week since planting happened, there is life. The seedlings are taller and stronger, and the seeds have turned into tiny little seedlings.


I got the grass in two lots (from the same place) and it is clear that Friday's grass is healthier than Thursday's grass. Fingers crossed that Thursday's grass can survive. I learnt that you do not Google 'grass', that it is turf or lawn. I found some very interesting ways to grow and care for another sort of grass altogether. I am tempted to go back and get some more for the bare patches. But I set myself a budget, and with the last four sheets of turf I have reached my limit. Wonder if it would be strange if I asked Santa for some grass?


In the large bed there is lettuce, cabbage, and two varieties of carrots, spring onions, bokchoy, potatoes sweet potatoes, and pumpkin. In the smaller bed there is cucumber, corn, capsicum, passion fruit, strawberries and pumpkin. Some are showing more growth than others, but it is just so exciting to see ant growth. Next, fingers crossed that this garden produces some organic fruit and vegetables!






4 comments:

  1. Friday's grass and Thursday's grass- it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel sorry for Thursday's grass. Just not a healthy or pretty as Friday's grass.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to see the fruits of your labour!

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.com
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I must say I am more than a little excited, the beans look as if they sprung up over night, so I made everyone come out and look. Can't wait until the garden actual bares vegs.

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.